Wednesday, September 12, 2007

I added some new stuff to my sidebar...

I used to have blogs I liked and visited regularly in my sidebar. But then I started to feel stalked by the "nice" brigade, bloggers who always seemed to turn up at blogs I listed after I listed them. Subsequently, I began to notice that whatever bloggers I had painstakingly searched out, began to seem a little distant, if not downright unfriendly...they also started to write obsessive blog posts about this or that "nice" radical blogger.

So sad.

I decided to not make the stalking easy for all those "nice" people who seemed bent on making sure I wouldn't be able to make any connections in the blogosphere.

So, for a while I stopped listing and attempting to connect with individual bloggers instead concentrating on member based blogs who really had to accept me based on their membership policies. That worked out well for a time.

Then I started getting visitors and more visitors, still. I started to like some of the bloggers I found. I started to connect with some of what they were writing. I started meeting humans who weren't just collections of radical politics gathered together in walking skin bags with mouths and typing fingers. They were people I could see myself having a coffee with.

I remembered that the very subtle, acceptable, cliquish cyber stalking I had been experiencing and attempting to speak to was based on scarcity...there are only so many feminists, there are only so many radical feminists of color...to be collected like pawns and popularity points. Don't want it. Don't want any of it.

What I know is that scarcity is just an experience of oppression that involves hoarding and insecurity. Since I don't want to hoard any access I may still have and don't want to let insecurity rule me, I've turned over a new page.

Meet my new and updated sidebar. T/here, I have listed, bloggers I've been to visit and bloggers I visit on tha regular. If you'd like to be added to either of these lists...or if you'd like to dispute your placement :) please let me know. I've got a whole bunch of blogs I've visited over the past few months that I've listed elsewhere that I'm gonna add to one of these two lists.






if what you're reading here grips you, holds you, fascinates you, provokes you, emboldens you, pushes you, galvanizes you, discomfits you, tickles you, enrages you so much that you find yourself returning again and again...then link me.

No comments: